Friday, August 17, 2012

Follow the Leader. 20 Questions

Okay, I know a bunch of people are doing this because of The Angry Lurker and why would I be any different and not do it too.  So here are my 20 Questions answered.

1. Favorite Wargaming Period and why?
This is tough because I have several that I really enjoy that I could list but in the spirit of the question I will pick The American Revolution.  I find watching the growth of the rebels into an army from a group of disorganized rabble a fascinating journey.  Each year the battles provide so much color, excellence and heartache that I can't turn away.

2. Next period, money no object?
WWI Turkish army vs. British and Russians.

3. Favorite 5 Films?
In no particular order:
1. The Princess Bride
2. Any Abbot and Costello Movie
3. Any Marx Brothers Movie
4. Casablanca
5. Once Upon a Time in the West

4. Favorite 5 TV shows?
1. Columbo
2. Big Bang Theory
3. MASH
4. Frasier
5. Cheers

5. Favorite book and author?
This one is very tough because I enjoy reading so many different styles of books.
On Her Majesty's Secret Service by Ian Flemming

6. Greatest General? Can't count yourself.
George Washington.  Refer back to my first answer.  This man had so much going against him and even though his win/loss record wasn't very good, he did a hell of job holding it all together.

7. Favorite Wargames rules?
Piquet and it's supplements Band of Brothers, Cartouche and Barrage!.

8, Favorite Sports Team?
New York Yankees

9. If you had a only use once, time machine, when and where would you go?
Saratoga 1777

10. Last meal on Death Row?
My grandma Josephine's Christmas dinner.

11. Fantasy relationship and why?
Sandra Bullock. Do you really need to ask why?

12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?
John Cleese

13. Favorite comic superhero?
The Hulk

14. Favorite Military Quote?
NUTS!

15. Historical Destination to visit?
All of Italy!

16. Biggest Wargaming regret?
Selling my first AWI army.

17. Favorite Fantasy job?
A director of a movie with my favorite actors.

18. Favorite Song, Top 5?
1. Any thing by the Beatles
2. White Room by Cream
3. Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden
4. Highway Star by Deep Purple
5. Standing on a Corner by Dean Martin

19. Favorite Wargaming Moment?
Playing in a 1960s era scenario with the British vs Iraq. For the most part it was a naval battle and I had three british tanks positioned on a spit of land overlooking a strait.  I decided to shot my tank at a on coming PT style boat the Iraqi player had.  With one shot I destroyed the PT boat with a direct hit from my tank.

20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?
Dishonesty, liars and general trouble makers.


1 comment: